This board game helps make practice effective and fun! Using James L. King III’s 6-level system that was inspired by the coin-op video games of the 1980s, musicians at any stage of their development can know at the end of practice how much they have improved. This heirloom-quality game board expands on the free printable with a few extra features that make it stand out:
- The whole 6-level process is spelled out on the game board, making it easy to understand and play.
- Instrument-agnostic. This game board can easily be used by keyboard, string, woodwind, brass, percussion players and vocalists.
- “Side Quests” give the student options while progressing through the game if they want to try something different for a moment or two.
- An 8-page 4.5″ x 5.5″ instruction booklet is included that explains the game, the side quests, and gives suggestions for creating practice goals and gives ways to change gameplay that won’t adversely affect practicing. Customers can get access to the printable pdf on request that can be assembled into the 8 page booklet, in case the booklet is damaged or lost.
The game board can be used in the lesson to encourage student participation and to help give students guidance in practicing.
- Dimensions: 10″ x 10″ (254mm x 254mm), folds to 10″ x 5″. It is portable, fits in a letter-size loose-leaf binder pocket, and travels well. It can be set up next to a student on a bench, or placed on a chair or music stand.
- Board made from 2mm premium chipboard wrapped with premium embossed texture art paper for extreme durability.
- Full color printing on the game board.
- Finishing: Water-resistant matte lamination.
- Weight: 3.2 ounces (91g)
- Use a US penny or other ~19mm diameter coin as a playing piece.
All game boards arrive shrink-wrapped with the instruction book attached.