Late intermediate players will find that Brawl on Duval Street is an exceptionally impressive performance piece! The boogie-woogie left hand is easier to play than it sounds, and the punchy right hand adds to the excitement, especially when the quartal chords come in during the middle section!
In Key West, Florida, Duval Street is where all the action is and this world-famous 12-bar barrelhouse blues captures the frenzy, action, and drama of this island resort town which is 37 miles closer to Havana, Cuba than it is to the United States mainland!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
What you can do with this license:
- Download and print our PDF as many times as you want!
- Sell unaltered printed copies to others!
- Upload to any and all sites where you are allowed to share music with others!
- Record (and sell your recordings) without asking permission or paying royalties! (We would appreciate it if you told us about your recording, and shared it with us, but it’s not required.)
- Re-engrave the music verbatim so it can be used and stored by other music programs. (We would appreciate it if you told us about these kinds of adaptations, and shared it, but it’s not required.)
What you cannot do with this license:
- Perform or record the piece without giving proper attribution to James L. King III as the composer and Alijam Music as the publisher.
- Make an arrangement or orchestration and distribute the recording or sheet music. (You may make an arrangement and perform it, even commercially, without requiring Alijam Music’s permission, but if that arrangement is to be recorded or broadcast, please contact us and make a formal request for permission. We don’t bite, and we respond quickly.)
The CC-BY-ND-4.0 license applies to the sheet music and the cover image.
Key: F Major
Mood: active, punchy, spirited
Pedagogy: boogie-woogie bass, 12-bar blues form, blues scales, quartal chords