TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Alijam Music’s website and for products purchased at alijammusic.com.
Alijam Music is located at:324 Julia Street
Key West, Florida 33040
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Alijam Music’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of United States. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We respect your privacy, and have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure your personal information is safe and secure. Additionally, Alijam Music will never sell or distribute user information to third-parties.
Unless otherwise stated, Alijam Music and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Alijam Music. All intellectual property rights are reserved unless explicitly stated otherwise. You may view and/or print webpages from http://www.alijammusic.com for your own personal use, subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions. You may view, print, share and perform sheet music obtained from our website under the conditions of the license you obtained for that sheet music.
You must not:
- Republish material from http://www.alijammusic.com except as permitted by a Creative Commons license for those particular works using that license,
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://www.alijammusic.com except as permitted by a Creative Commons license for those particular works using that license,
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://www.alijammusic.com except as permitted by a Creative Commons license for those particular works using that license, or as permitted by the purchase of a studio or educational organziation license, or
- Redistribute content from Alijam Music except as permitted by a Creative Commons license for those particular works using that license, or as permitted by the purchase of a studio or educational organization license.
SINGLE USER LICENSES for solo pieces allow ONE person to print ONE copy for their (or their student’s) personal use to study and prepare for performance, or view digitally on ONE computer/tablet/smartphone at a time. One may have copies of the single user license download on multiple platforms (computer, laptop, tablet, hardcopy print), but only one of those copies can be in use at any given time to adhere to the conditions of the license. If another hardcopy is printed for any reason, the previous hardcopy must be irretrievably destroyed. For duets, TWO copies are allowed to be in use simultaneously, and for trios, THREE copies are allowed to be in use simultaneously.
STUDIO LICENSES allow ONE person to make UNLIMITED single-user-licensed copies for students who are studying with that particular person. Studio licenses are not transferable, except as specifically provided for by local or state laws. Studio licenses last for the life of the purchaser and expire upon the death of the purchaser. Purchasers may not make copies with their Studio license with the intent to sell them for a profit, even to students. It is permissible for teachers to recover printing and copying costs.
EDUCATIONAL ORGANIZATION LICENSES allow ONE educational organization (a music studio or school comprised of multiple teachers, or a music teachers’ association) to make UNLIMITED single-user-licensed copies for students of any music instructor teaching at that educational organization. The pricing of Educational Organization licenses depends on two factors: the number of music teachers in the organization, and the length of time of the purchased license. For more information on Educational Organization pricing, send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “EO License.”
Copies of sheet music obtained from Alijam Music watermarked with “STUDIO LICENSE” that are possessed by someone who is not the owner of the email address on the watermark are immediately downgraded to single user licenses. Copies of sheet music obtained from Alijam Music watermarked with “EDUCATIONAL ORGANIZATION LICENSE” that are possessed by someone who is not an instructor at the educational organization associated with the email address on the watermark, or possessed by someone who is not a member of the organization associated with the email address on the watermark, are immediately downgraded to single user licenses.
Unfortunately, there can be no returns on digital products. If you need to return a hardcopy item, contact me via email at email@example.com and I will assist you as best as I can.
- This Agreement shall begin on January 3, 2017.
- Certain parts of this website may offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Reviews’) in areas of the website. Reviews do not reflect the views or opinions of Alijam Music, its agents or affiliates. Reviews reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Alijam Music shall not be responsible or liable for the Reviews or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Reviews on this website.
- Alijam Music reserves the right to monitor all Reviews and to remove any Reviews which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Reviews on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Reviews do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Reviews do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Reviews will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Alijam Music a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Reviews in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following individuals and organizations may link to our website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Educational institutions, including private and public teachers who use Alijam Music’s materials as part of their curriculum.
- Sites which review and promote sheet music;
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the websites of other listed businesses;
- Any organizations or individuals who solely link to material on our website which is licensed by Creative Commons.
We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests. We will approve written link requests if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our business; (b) the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of Alijam Music; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
Approved individuals organizations may hyperlink to our website as follows:
- By use of our business name (Alijam Music); or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (http://www.alijammusic.com) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our website or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
- By use of our logo (we will provide logos for web and print use).
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website with the sole exception of making the website personally accessible for someone with a disability or someone with special needs.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in our sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our website or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
While we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor can we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.